Personalised Learning underpins all our ways of working at Runcorn State High School. Personalised Learning is student centred and fosters collaboration with families. On Tuesday 27 July we will be having Personalised Learning Day for all year levels in lieu of Parent Teacher Interviews. These interviews will occur between 8.30 am and 7.00 pm.
Year 7, 8, 9, 11 and 12
Students and their families will have a 20 minute meeting with their Home Class teacher to discuss overall student performance in classes, welfare concerns, set goals and choose elective subjects for 2022.
Students and families will attend a 30 minute SET plan interview to discuss their senior pathway and choose subjects for 2022.
Students who are wishing to apply to QTAC for TAFE and university courses are able to make 30 minute bookings with the Guidance Officer, Mrs Lisa Thomas. This is an additional time on top of your 20 minute meeting with your Home Class teacher and is optional. There are only 17 spots available on the day.
1. All classes will be suspended on this day and students are not expected to attend, however, it is an expectation that all students and a family member have a booked meeting with their home class teacher. Students are expected to wear their Formal Uniform to the interview.
2. We have been able to book interpreters for the day. If you require an interpreter, please choose your language when booking.
3. Those families requiring students to be supervised between 8.45 am and 2.50 pm will need to notify the school by emailing Fiona Harris, Deputy Principal email@example.com by Friday 23 July.
4. The Year 12 Hospitality students will be running a coffee shop.
5. The canteen will be open between 9.00am and 3.00pm. The canteen takes cash and EFTPOS.
6. The uniform shop will be open between 9.00am and 3.00 pm if you require any uniforms.
7. The payment window will be open from 8.30am - 7.00pm for any families want to pay outstanding fees or ask any questions.
8. All bookings will be made through PTO and information regarding how to log on will be sent in Week 10 when report cards go out. We will advise when PTO is open.
9. You will receive an email from your Sub School HOD in Week 1 next term further explaining the process for each of the separate sub schools.
The meetings will be held in the following locations:
Year 7 and 8 - Junior Secondary Building
Year 9 - Communications Block
Year 10 - Learning Centre
Year 11 and 12 - Maths Building
Year 12 QTAC - Barn
We will be adhering to safe COVID practices on the day. We will adhere to the 1.5 metre rule for adults. We ask that you restrict the meeting to two adults only. We ask that parents do not congregate together while waiting for their interview and maintain social distancing. Hand Sanitizer will be available on the day.
The research says that building relationships between teachers, students and parents improves academic outcomes of students and their sense of belonging to the school. These meetings are intended to be student led and students will be given an opportunity to reflect on their Semester 1 results to set goals for the future.
To book a Parent-Teacher interview please click on the link below and register:
School Code: rshs
Student EQID: This can be found in the subject line of the email that was sent home to all parents in regards to PL Day.
Instructions on how to register can be found at the link below: