Runcorn State High School in conjunction with the Parents & Citizen’s Association is offering scholarships to students enrolling in year 7, 8 or 9 in 2023 for Academics, Sport, Creative Industries or Community and Leadership. These scholarships reward outstanding students who have succeeded academically, are good role models to their peers and who are active participants in community, sporting and cultural activities.
Scholarships offered to students are valued at between $450 and $950 and may cover some or all of the fees below:
|School Resource Scheme||$350|
|Uniform Pack - includes 2 formal uniforms, one sports uniform, one formal jumper||Up to $300|
|Horizons Program Excellence Academy||Up to $100|
|Year 7 Camp||Up to $200|
Scholarship winners will be presented with a certificate at a Scholarship Ceremony held at the school during the start of term 1 each year.
Students interested in the scholarship program are also encouraged to investigate and apply for the Horizons Program.
To be awarded a scholarship, students must demonstrate:
- Academic Achievement
- Exemplary behaviour in class and during school activities
- Leadership qualities including being a role model to peers
- Outstanding achievement in a particular field:
- Creative Industries
- Public Speaking
- Creative Writing
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following and should be attached to this application:
- Responses to the online scholarship application.
- Copies of school reports for year 5 and 6.
- If your school reports do not comment on behaviour, please include a letter from your classroom teacher
- Reference (e.g. Coach, Band leader, Scout leader, supervising teacher of school activity)
- NAPLAN results for year 5
- Résumé of activities and achievements over the past two years:
- Academic competitions/awards (including STEM and creative writing)
- Sporting awards or achievements
- Creative Industry awards or achievements
- Public Speaking participation or achievement (e.g. Debating, Optiminds)
- Leadership positions at school, clubs, bands, community organisations or groups
- Community service
How to apply
1. Applicants must be enrolling in year 7, 8 or 9 in 2023; (At this stage scholarships are not available to students in any other year level)
2. Submit an online scholarship application and email through the appropriate supporting documentation where necessary.
Applications must be submitted no later than:
- Round 1 - 4pm on Friday, 10 June 2022
- Round 2 - 4pm on Thursday, 1 September 2022
What happens after a Scholarship round has closed
1. Applications will be assessed by the school's Scholarship Panel.
2. Applicant’s parent/carer will be contacted via email with the outcome of their student's application:
- Round 1 – Monday, 20 June
- Round 2 – Monday, 12 September
3. Successful applicants will be provided with details about their scholarship benefits and how to use them.