Runcorn State High School is an Independent Public School and is governed by a School Council.
The School Council monitors the school's strategic direction, which includes:
- Approving plans and policies of the school of a strategic nature and other documents affecting strategic matters, including the annual estimate of revenue and expenditure for the school.
- Monitoring the implementation of plans, policies and other documents.
- Advising the Principal about strategic matters.
The Council must perform its functions in a way that achieves the best learning outcomes for the school's students.
The Council may only perform its functions in relation to the school for which it is established. The Council is not part of the Department of Education, is not a body corporate and does not have a separate legal identity.
The Council may not:
- interfere with the management by the school's Executive Principal of the day-to-day operations of the school and its curriculum; or
- make operational decisions about the use of teaching or learning resources at the school; or
- make decisions about the individual teaching style used, or to be used, at the school; or
- make a decision that is contrary to law or a written policy of the department; or
- have control of funds; or
- enter into contracts; or
- acquire, hold, dispose of or deal with property; or
- sue or be sued.
The Council consists of student, staff, parents and community representatives. The Principal and the Parent and Citizens Association President are automatic members of the Council.
The elected members of the Council are:
|Chair||Soraya Bulbulia |
|P&C President||Zorica Stankov|
|Staff Representative||Merv Swords|
|Staff Representative||Kate Andrew|
|Parent Representative||Soraya Bulbulia |
|Parent Representative||Margaret Beverley|
|Secretary / Support Staff Representative||Heather Zima|
|Student Representative||Naadirah Peer|