The English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD) program provides language support across the curriculum for recently arrived Non-English Speaking Background (NESB) students. This support enables students to function more effectively within the classroom and assists them in the achievement of their academic and personal goals.
Support takes the form of:
- Initial and on-going assessment of students' needs and abilities
- Negotiating needs based levels of in-class or individual support for students in consultation with classroom teachers
- Advising classroom teachers on cultural differences which may cause adjustment difficulties in the early stages of the EALD student’s entry to the school
- Providing strategies and resources to classroom teachers to assist EALD learners to function more effectively within the classroom
- Teaching ESL students, individually or in small groups to address specific problems or needs
- Liaison with Guidance Officer, other support staff and parents to ensure EALD learners are given the best possible opportunity to achieve their academic and personal goals
Students are required to be at Band Scale 5 for entry into Runcorn SHS.
For further information please contact the
EALD Coordinator – Raju Minocha on 33231638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org